No. 3. Good Health and Well-being (Activity 3 Model United Nations)
Table and Chairs
Aim Please refer to Leaders introduction (IGG Senior Branch Special Focus No 3 (Leaders Introduction to Activities)
Model United Nations
Introduction To highlight how the UN, make life-changing decisions which affect developing countries, particularly when it comes to the role of women and children in society.
• Discuss child mortality
• What does a child need for a healthy life?
doctors and hospital nearby
good sewage system
available medicine and money to pay for it
• Assign each girl a country and give them a week to research that country.
• They will be asked to select from the list the three most important things needed for their country to ensure the prosperity of women and children.
• If another girl (country) wants the same thing, they must debate amongst themselves to see which country deserves it more.
• If a compromise cannot be reached, the whole of the UN must take a democratic vote after hearing each case.
Is the world fair? Does each country have an equal say at the UN?
Research the terms G8, G20 and Veto.