Great little samosas, easy to make and lovely to eat. We did this out side on the beach by our den
For each group
Cooker, pan, measuring spoons and cup, plate, bowl tongs and wooden spoon
• ½ cup diced potatoes,
• ¼ cup large onion, diced finely
• 1/2 cup mixed veggies
• 1 tea spoon ginger
• 1 tea spoon garlic
• ½ teaspoon chili powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon garam masala
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• Dim sim paper
1. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger
2. Add potatoes, veggies and seasonings. Stir until well coated. Simmer for 5 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
3. Let cool to the touch before handling.
4. Take the paper wet one edge, fold to make a cone
5. Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling and fold over top corner to make a triangle roll.
6. Wipe pan clean
7. Heat 1-2 teaspoons oil in pan.
8. Fry rolls in oil until just browned on all sides.
9. Remove to plate to cool.
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements