IGG Guide Farmer General Workings Section 2. Describe the function of three pieces of farm equipment/machine
Aim of Badge: To understand the elements of farming.
The Guide must complete four options taken from any of the four sections.
Toys – try to collect farm toys from younger siblings
If no toys available, collect pictures of farm equipment
Farm equipment list (overleaf)
• Read/discuss the equipment list and add to it as other ideas arise. If you have a toy/picture to display the machine/equipment all the better.
• Then divide the girls into teams.
• Give each team a scenario e.g. spring has arrived and it’s time to put the cows out to pasture but the field is full of weeds.
• The girls must find the matching toy/picture of the machine/equipment that will solve this problem.
Assign a machine/piece of equipment to each girl (leave out tractor). They must line up in order of use for certain tasks within one minute.
For example ‘harvest time’ – the girl with the plough lines up first, followed by the girl with the harrow, then the seeder, the spreader, the combine, the baler and so on.
Trefoil News Summer 2018
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes, farm equipment list
- Farm equipment
- Farm machinery
- Farm Toys
- IGG Interest Badge Guides Farmer
- interest badge
- Trefoil News Summer 2018
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements