IGG Guide Green Fingers 2. Name six garden tools and how to care for them
Aim of Badge:
To encourage an interest in gardening.
This Badge has five options of which five must be completed.
Photocopies of the garden tools template overleaf.
• Discuss with the Guides the garden tools that they may have at home.
• Ask one Guide to take notes.
• Assign each Guide with a tool and request that they bring a photo of the tool and instructions on how to care for it to your next meeting.
Each Guide presents her picture and the care instructions.
Game: Photocopy the garden tools template and cut out each part.
Mix up the pieces and ask the Guides to match them together.
1) Running game.
2) Place the template pieces upside down. Guides choose pieces in turn and try to match all three parts.
Acknowledgement/Source: Fin’s Garden Centre, Macroom
Trefoil News Summer 2018
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes
- Guide green fingers
- IGG Interest Badge Guide Green Fingers
- Trefoil News Summer 2018
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements