IGG SPECIAL FOCUS BADGE: BROWNIE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL THREE, GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING Option 04
Understand the importance of vaccination (The Vaccination Story)
Photocopy story book (see overleaf)
A4 white paper
Aim 1. To introduce the SDG Goal 3 to Brownies, and show
how they can help achieve this goal
2. Learn about the importance of leading a healthy
lifestyle, eating a balanced diet and exercise regularly
3. To begin to bring in the international aspect of
healthcare and wellbeing
This Badge has 9 options of which the first option plus 4 others options must be completed
The Vaccination Story
This activity works well in conjunction with the Vaccination Board Game
• Photocopy story/colouring book (see part two file)
• In Pow wow a leader reads the story to the Unit
• Divide the storybook sheets among the Brownies
• Ask the Brownie to colour in the pictures
• Make a wall frieze in your meeting hall
• Explain how, when germs enter our bodies, our immune system recognises them as foreign bodies (antigens).
• Our immune system then produces the antibodies to fight them. In Developing countries, the children are not so lucky and do not have access to immunisation.
• If your immune system is low because of lack of food, clean water or proper shelter your body is not able to fight the germs.
• In these poorer countries a lot of children and adults do not have some of the basic necessities of life and get very ill and/or die.
IGG GAT Pack
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes, Separate PDF File
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- the importance of vaccination
- Vaccination Board Game
- Vaccination Story
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements