Theory work for before planning their own route
1) The printout & OS explorer map OL17 Snowdon & Conwy Valley or
2) Your own example route card and OS map of the same area.
1) Explain the use of a route card and their importance.
2) Show the cubs the map and the route card and try to find the route on the map.
3) The attached file shows an example route which can be found on OS Explorer map OL17 1:25000 Snowdon & Conwy Valley. Alternatively you can substitute your own route card and local map if you do not have OL 17.