A weekend away. Main activity an arduous hill walk with a trained mountain instructor
Normal hill walking equipment - both personal and team
1. Preparation - ensure all attendees have the necessary personal equipment for hill walking including wet and warm weather gear. Ensure the team has the necessary safety and team equipment and means of communication.
2. Route planning. Sit down and plan the route with the team. Ensure you have sufficient to navigate it well and ensure safety and escape routes are included.
3. Notifications - ensure relevant people not in the walk have been notified of the walk, where you are going and expected return times.
4. Have fun - go and enjoy the hills!
- Hill walking
- Hill Walker - Environment
- Hill Walker - Hike
- Hill Walker - Map and Compass
- Hill Walker - Safety on Mountains
- Hill Walker - Technology