Describe your favourite piece of visual art and why the piece appeals to you.
Each guide brings favourite piece of art.
1. Leader explains the following:
Art Appreciation is the knowledge and understanding of the universal and timeless qualities that identify all great art. The more you appreciate and understand the art of different eras, movements, styles and techniques, the better you can develop, evaluate and improve your own artwork.
Visual arts definition- the arts created primarily for visual perception, as drawing, graphics, painting, sculpture, and the decorative arts.
• Each Guide has their favorite piece of art.
• Divide guides into teams of two.
• Sit back to back.
• Guide A describes, through questions and answers, her artwork to Guide B – who should be reproducing it on a sheet of paper.
• When complete, they should compare the two, discussing why Guide A likes the piece of art.
• Reverse the roles.
Book: 13 Artists Children should know (Prestel)
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes – one page.